The over ripened durian meat is cooked in a large pot to evaporate much of the water until it is the consistency of play dough. Cooking takes out almost all the sulfur smell and what remains is a sweet, nutty flavored dough.
What kind of meat smells like rotten eggs?
- Some types of meat like pork might smell like rotten eggs, which is a huge red flag that makes us think we should throw it away, but that’s not always the case.
What kind of smell does rotten egg smell?
- For me, the smells include a strong smell of fish, rotten eggs, rancid meat, and sewage. But other suffers have also reported smelling sweat, smoke, chemicals, yeast, and even blood.
- 1 Why does Thai food smell bad?
- 2 Does Thai curry smell bad?
- 3 What foods smell like sulfur?
- 4 What is the stinkiest food on earth?
- 5 Can I replace fish sauce with soy sauce?
- 6 Is fish sauce supposed to stink?
- 7 Is there a difference between Thai curry and Indian curry?
- 8 Does Indian food use fish sauce?
- 9 Why does a fart stink?
- 10 Can you get sick from smelling a fart?
- 11 What causes really stinky gas?
- 12 What is the stinkiest fish on earth?
- 13 What foods smell bad?
- 14 Who eats Surströmming?
Why does Thai food smell bad?
It’s the fish sauce or possibly shrimp paste, which is often an ingredient in Thai chili paste, such as red chili paste, which is used in pad Thai. Both fish sauce and shrimp paste are fermented and when cooked, they blow off their bad smell (in an odorous cloud), and after that, they smell rich and appetizing.
Does Thai curry smell bad?
It does smell like sweat. You are probably sensitive to it. Usually used in cooking by people who don’t eat onion or garlic. The smell dissipates after cooking properly.
What foods smell like sulfur?
What Foods Cause Gas to Smell More? Since sulfur compounds produce the odor related to gas, eating foods high in sulfur compounds will increase the pungency of your flatulence. Foods high in sulfur include meat, poultry, eggs, onions, garlic, broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts and cauliflower.
What is the stinkiest food on earth?
Ten Stinkiest Foods In the World
- More from Delish: The Weirdest Restaurants Around the World.
- Stinky Tofu ( chòu dòufu )
- Vieux Boulogne.
- Durian. This southeast Asian fruit, often used in smoothies or as the stuffing in sweet buns, is revered by some for its ripe, nutty, pungent flavor.
Can I replace fish sauce with soy sauce?
Soy sauce, which is made from fermented soybeans, water, salt, and wheat, is an excellent alternative to fish sauce. You can swap fish sauce for soy sauce at a 1-to-1 ratio, or try mixing other ingredients with soy sauce for extra flavor: Minced anchovy.
Is fish sauce supposed to stink?
Fish Sauce is infamous for being smelling bad. Commercial Fish Sauce stinks because it uses anchovy extracts.”
Is there a difference between Thai curry and Indian curry?
Indian curries often have a more velvety and thick consistency and are best categorized as a stew. While Thai curries are light and bright, Indian curries are hearty and savory. In an Indian curry, you are most likely to taste the richer flavors that come from spices such as cinnamon, cloves, turmeric, and cumin.
Does Indian food use fish sauce?
if you’re looking to cook Indian style curries you’ll use salt and water. period. Indian cuisine does include several high salt items though but they are always used as condiments. Thai and Vietnamese curries can certainly incorporate fish sauce and/or soy sauce to add saltiness and umami.
Why does a fart stink?
Gases are also what can make farts smell bad. Tiny amounts of hydrogen, carbon dioxide, and methane combine with hydrogen sulfide (say: SUHL-fyde) and ammonia (say: uh-MOW-nyuh) in the large intestine to give gas its smell. Phew!
Can you get sick from smelling a fart?
And then there’s the fact that others’ farts can actually make you sick. “There are many reported cases of farts spreading Streptococcus pyogenes, a pathogen that can cause tonsillitis, scarlet fever, heart disease, and even flesh-eating disease,” Moffitt says in the video.
What causes really stinky gas?
Common causes of foul – smelling gas can be a food intolerance, high – fiber foods, certain medications and antibiotics, and constipation. More serious causes are bacteria and infections in the digestive tract or, potentially, colon cancer.
What is the stinkiest fish on earth?
Surströmming is known as the stinkiest food in the world. The Swedish, soured herring is salted, fermented and then stuffed in a tin and is renowned for its pungent, putrid aroma.
What foods smell bad?
5 foods and drinks that affect body odor
- Cruciferous Vegetables. Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and kale are just a few of the more popular cruciferous vegetables.
- Asparagus. Eating asparagus can result in urine that smells like rotten cabbage due to sulfur compounds.
- Garlic, Onions, Cumin and Curry.
Who eats Surströmming?
Surströmming, a fermented herring considered to be a famous delicacy in Sweden, is also known as one of the most pungent foods in the world. And there’s one more must-have accompaniment: beer. Herring has been a key part of Swedish culture for centuries. Long ago, Swedish workers were even paid in herring.