What are some good side dishes to serve with Thai curry?
- If the main dish was a spicy curry, the best side dish would be plain sliced vegetables (the dish on the bottom left: cucumber, Thai eggplants, string beans, galangal).
What are the best side dishes for chicken curry?
- Paratha (south and north indian, wheat, maida) all types of bread (rotis, kulchas, chapatis etc.) and rice. Other than a side of rice and naan bread or pita, I would make a cucumber salad to balance the heat of the curry.
- 1 What can I serve with chicken curry instead of rice?
- 2 What is a good side dish for Pad Thai?
- 3 What goes well with Thai food?
- 4 What veggies go well with Indian food?
- 5 What can I put in Thai curry instead of rice?
- 6 What vegetables go with curry?
- 7 What accompaniments go with Thai green curry?
- 8 What do you eat with massaman curry?
- 9 What wine goes well with pad thai?
- 10 What drink goes with Thai green curry?
- 11 Which Thai curry is the spiciest?
- 12 What should I eat for lunch Indian?
- 13 What should you serve with butter chicken?
- 14 What is an Indian side dish?
What can I serve with chicken curry instead of rice?
Curry accompaniments: the best side dishes to serve with vegan and vegetarian curries
- Flatbread. There’s nothing better than mopping up a delicious curry than with a beautifully soft and sumptuous naan.
What is a good side dish for Pad Thai?
Pad Thai is a one- dish meal traditionally. Thais will eat it with a handful of raw bean sprouts and a few sprigs of garlic chives and sometimes a slice of raw banana flower. You mix the raw bean sprouts into the noodles (along with spicing the dish — chili powder, lime juice, fish sauce to your taste).
What goes well with Thai food?
13 Thai-Inspired Side Dishes to Spice Up Your Meal
- Photo: Liz Andrew/ Styling: Erin McDowell. Shredded Thai Salad with Avocado.
- Pinch of Yum. Chopped Thai Salad With Sesame Garlic Dressing.
- Erin McDowell. Coconut Creamed Spinach.
- Healthy Nibbles and Bits. Green Papaya Salad.
- Ambitious Kitchen. Saucy Stovetop Green Beans.
- Street Smart Kitchen.
- Salt and Wind.
- Cookie and Kate.
What veggies go well with Indian food?
Most Indian restaurants I visit don’t add the other vegetables (beyond spinach, tomatoes, onions) to the various chicken curries. Vegetables are usually the stars in their own curries, such as muttar paneer ( peas ), saag paneer (spinach), baingan bharta (eggplant), bhindi bhaji (okra), etc.
What can I put in Thai curry instead of rice?
Me I prefer to throw mushrooms, cauliflower, onions, and broccoli. And eat the curry with a side of salad. Even just using the salad as the base and putting the curry on top as a sort of dressing will also work. I LOVE having mushrooms with a curry instead of rice.
What vegetables go with curry?
- 1 cauliflower or broccoli head, chopped into florets.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced or 6 red potatoes,diced.
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas.
- 4 cups (handfuls) spinach, light packed.
- whole lime, juiced and zested.
What accompaniments go with Thai green curry?
A curry like this only needs a few simple accompaniments to help enhance both the flavour and eating experience, adding texture or a pallet-cleansing freshness. The best ways to enjoy your Thai Green curry
- Sliced bananas.
- Salted fried onions.
- Sliced eggs.
- Spring onions.
What do you eat with massaman curry?
Stir-fry veg and a salad both sound good. I’ve also done son-in-law eggs to go with a massaman curry. Agree, you need some fresh zing.
What wine goes well with pad thai?
There are even a few reds that work well if you’re not all that into white wines.
- Pinot Gris/Pinot Grigio. A viable alternative to Riesling, Pinot Gris has less-intense tropical fruit flavors and more subtle acidity.
- Chenin Blanc.
- Grenache Blanc.
- Grüner Veltliner.
- Sparkling Rosé
- Pinot Noir.
What drink goes with Thai green curry?
An off-dry riesling or pinot gris ought to work with this dish – sweetness always helps when chilli is involved. However, I’ve trialled many wines over the years and always come back to the same conclusion: sauvignon blanc from New Zealand or Chile.
Which Thai curry is the spiciest?
Green Curry Considered to be the spiciest curry in Thailand, it is also sweet thanks to the high amount of coconut milk that is added to the dish. The base is made with fresh, young green chilis which makes green curry hotter than other curries and in our opinion one of the best tasting!
What should I eat for lunch Indian?
10 healthy lunch ideas for work
- Peas pulao with carrot raita.
- Moong dal khichdi.
- Lemon rice.
- Methi parantha with onion chutney and greens.
- Rice, sambhar and curd.
- Red kidney beans or rajma.
- Pasta salad.
- Masala poha.
What should you serve with butter chicken?
Butter Chicken is delicious served over rice along with steamed vegetables, like broccoli or cauliflower. And if you ‘re planning a dinner party, Butter Chicken would be a perfect dish for serving a group. Plus, leftovers reheat very nicely. Which is always a good thing.
What is an Indian side dish?
No Indian feast is complete without rice, dhal, bhajis, saag aloo and naan – find recipes to get you started… Complete the meal and make one of our cracking curries made with chicken, beef, lamb, fish – or keep it vegetarian.