Thai Red Curry and Primitivo The best red wine for Thai red curry is Primitivo, which is light and low in tannins, but has an extremely robust flavor structure with bold aromatics and fruit flavors to boot.Thai Red Curry and Primitivo The best red wine for Thai red curry is Primitivo, which is light and low in tannins, but has an extremely robust flavor structure with bold aromatics and fruit flavors to boot.
- 1 What do you drink Thai curry with?
- 2 Does red wine go with Thai food?
- 3 What wine goes with Thai green chicken curry?
- 4 What red wine goes best with Indian food?
- 5 What goes well with Thai food?
- 6 What liquor goes with Thai food?
- 7 What red wine goes with Thai green curry?
- 8 What type of wine goes with pad thai?
- 9 Which Thai curry is the spiciest?
- 10 What goes with Thai green curry?
- 11 What Alcohol goes well with curry?
- 12 What red wine goes with lamb curry?
- 13 What alcohol goes best with Indian food?
- 14 What wine goes well with Indian curry?
- 15 What red wine goes with spicy food?
What do you drink Thai curry with?
New Zealand pinot gris, particularly the off-dry styles, also works well.
- Spätlese and other off-dry Riesling. Again, a touch of sweetness really helps, giving German and Austrian.
- Sauvignon Blanc and other intensely citrussy whites such as Rueda.
Does red wine go with Thai food?
Off-dry Riesling is the No. 1 catch-all for a smorgasbord of takeout Thai dishes. For die-hard red wine lovers, reds can work with Thai food, too, particularly with milder dishes. When pairing red wine with spicy dishes like curry, stay away from anything with too much tannin, unless you’re a serious seeker of spice.
What wine goes with Thai green chicken curry?
An off- dry riesling or pinot gris ought to work with this dish – sweetness always helps when chilli is involved. However, I’ve trialled many wines over the years and always come back to the same conclusion: sauvignon blanc from New Zealand or Chile.
What red wine goes best with Indian food?
Meat curries will naturally make a great match for red wines. Smart picks would be aromatic, fresh reds such as Grenache, cool-climate Shiraz with more delicate flavours (newsflash: Shiraz isn’t always big, rich and powerful), or fuller-bodied Pinot Noir – nothing too fragile.
What goes well with Thai food?
13 Thai-Inspired Side Dishes to Spice Up Your Meal
- Photo: Liz Andrew/ Styling: Erin McDowell. Shredded Thai Salad with Avocado.
- Pinch of Yum. Chopped Thai Salad With Sesame Garlic Dressing.
- Erin McDowell. Coconut Creamed Spinach.
- Healthy Nibbles and Bits. Green Papaya Salad.
- Ambitious Kitchen. Saucy Stovetop Green Beans.
- Street Smart Kitchen.
- Salt and Wind.
- Cookie and Kate.
What liquor goes with Thai food?
Infused gin and citrus juice give this bourbon and ginger cocktail a Thai kick!
What red wine goes with Thai green curry?
So I suggest a youthful Mosel, Rheingau, or Rheinhessen wine. Perhaps of Spätlese level to ensure some riper flavours to work with the chilli. This will be around 8 to 10 per cent alcohol, which will give you some sweetness too. We asked our local indie Dominic Lockyer of Fareham Wine Cellar to recommend some wines.
What type of wine goes with pad thai?
- Pinot Gris/Pinot Grigio. A viable alternative to Riesling, Pinot Gris has less-intense tropical fruit flavors and more subtle acidity.
- Chenin Blanc.
- Grenache Blanc.
- Grüner Veltliner.
- Sparkling Rosé
- Pinot Noir.
Which Thai curry is the spiciest?
Green Curry Considered to be the spiciest curry in Thailand, it is also sweet thanks to the high amount of coconut milk that is added to the dish. The base is made with fresh, young green chilis which makes green curry hotter than other curries and in our opinion one of the best tasting!
What goes with Thai green curry?
Thai curries are best served with rice because it has a fairly neutral flavour that allows you to fully appreciate the complex taste of the curries. The best ways to enjoy your Thai Green curry
- Sliced bananas.
- Salted fried onions.
- Sliced eggs.
- Spring onions.
What Alcohol goes well with curry?
German, Austrian, Australian and New Zealand rieslings would all do the trick. Yes, chardonnay! Particularly fruity styles or blends with grapes such as semillon, chenin and colombard. Good with mild, creamy or buttery curries, especially with chicken.
What red wine goes with lamb curry?
The best reds to serve with spicy curry are light fruity fresh reds with good natural acidity. Good examples are Loire Cabernet Franc or New Zealand Pinot Noir.
What alcohol goes best with Indian food?
Indian Food and Beer Pairings
- Light Lagers and Blonde Ales. The lighter beers, such as blonde ales and pilsners, pair best with lighter foods.
- Hoppy Lagers and India Pale Ales. Hops have made their comeback, and IPAs are here to stay.
- Wheat Beers.
- Amber and Brown Ales.
- Porters and Stouts.
- Sauvignon Blanc.
What wine goes well with Indian curry?
Fruity, low-tannin reds with mild tomato-based curries: The juiciness and lightly spicy flavors in Grenache from France or Spain are great with the fragrant spices in curry and have enough acidity to mesh with the tomatoes. Inexpensive New World Pinot Noir can also work well.
What red wine goes with spicy food?
A few styles to consider when matching wines with spicy food:
- Off-dry Riesling or rosé
- Grenache and Syrah/Shiraz blends.
- California Chardonnay.
- Sparkling Shiraz.
- Ripe Pinot Noir with more aromatic dishes.