- 1 How do I make plain rice more interesting?
- 2 How do you spice up cooked white rice?
- 3 What sauce can you put on white rice?
- 4 What spices can you add to plain rice?
- 5 How do you add flavor to cooked rice?
- 6 How do you make rice less boring?
- 7 What can I add to cooked rice?
- 8 What sauce is good on rice?
- 9 How do you make egg fried rice for one person?
- 10 What can I put on rice besides soy sauce?
- 11 Is soy sauce good with white rice?
- 12 What to add to brown rice to make it taste better?
- 13 Do you season rice before or after cooking?
- 14 What food goes good with white rice?
How do I make plain rice more interesting?
15 Thirty-Second Ways to Jazz Up Plain Rice
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of butter.
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of olive oil.
- Drizzle with soy sauce.
- Add lots of pepper.
- Stir in a couple of tablespoons minced fresh herbs, ideally warmed first in melted butter.
How do you spice up cooked white rice?
The best way to spice up your leftover rice Add some butter-toasted nuts, such as cashews of pecans. Add some stir-fried kale or spinach. And lastly but most importantly add lemon zest and lemon juice to get rid of the rice’s dryness.
What sauce can you put on white rice?
Puree ginger and onion with soy sauce, canola oil, and veggie broth to get a sauce that goes nicely with stir fry and rice. Alternatively, any kind of bean is good with rice. A nice little thing is to throw in a Vegetable Stock Cubes as you boil the rice.
What spices can you add to plain rice?
If you want something a bit more unique, try cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, or a combination of the three. Together, earthy cumin, floral cardamom, and warm cinnamon can infuse your rice with traditional Indian character. To take things up a notch, Spiceography suggests frying the spices in oil first.
How do you add flavor to cooked rice?
Add some diced onions, cranberries, cherries, or peas to the pot where you’re cooking rice. The flavor will seep into the rice during the cooking process, creating a rich built-in flavor for your rice. You can also add in herbs or spices that pair well with the vegetables you’re adding.
How do you make rice less boring?
1. Toast the grains. Toasting the dry rice grains in a little butter or olive oil before adding the water brings out their flavor and adds a fantastic nutty note in the finished dish. I especially love doing this with brown rice and other whole grains like farro and barley.
What can I add to cooked rice?
- Butter and parmesan cheese.
- Toasted sesame seeds.
- Creamy gravy.
- Cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sauteed garlic, mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc.
- Broccoli flowerets and cheese.
- Toasted peanuts or cashews.
What sauce is good on rice?
Pesto is great on rice. Grated cheese is great on rice, as is sweet chilli sauce or mango chutney. Also, oyster sauce, teriyaki sauce or hoisin sauce. Try egg fried rice ( good with bacon in it too), rice with satay chicken, rice in a burrito with refried beans and salsa.
How do you make egg fried rice for one person?
Easy Fried Rice For One Add the cooked rice to the pan and cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Push the rice, onions, and garlic to the sides of the pan. Add the egg to the center of the pan and cook the egg until scrambled. When the egg is almost completely cooked mix it in with the rice /onion mixture.
What can I put on rice besides soy sauce?
- Tamari. If you’re not dealing with a soy allergy or monitoring your sodium intake, tamari is the closest in taste to soy sauce.
- Worcestershire sauce.
- Coconut aminos.
- Liquid aminos.
- Dried mushrooms.
- Fish sauce.
- Miso paste.
- Maggi seasoning.
Is soy sauce good with white rice?
Soy sauce is fine on rice as long as you don’t overdo it. If you put too much, then yeah it’s just gonna taste like nothing but salty soy sauce.
What to add to brown rice to make it taste better?
15 Easy Ways to Season Brown Rice
- Add in Garlic salt – So easy and really bumps up the flavor.
- Add in a bouillon cube or granules when you cook the rice for extra flavor.
- Mix in some salsa and some cumin for a tex-mex taste.
- Add an egg and fry it for a healthier fried rice.
Do you season rice before or after cooking?
most of the time you should do it before. It will allow the flavors to absorb during the cooking process. Before. But even before that, put your rice in the pot dry and toast it for a couple of minutes to bring out the nutty flavor.
What food goes good with white rice?
30 Easy Dinners That Start with Rice
- 1 / 30. Chicken and Rice Casserole.
- 2 / 30. One-Pot Mediterranean Shrimp and Rice Pilaf.
- 3 / 30. 5-Ingredient Spinach Risotto.
- 4 / 30. 20-Minute Bean and Rice Burritos.
- 5 / 30. One-Pot Coconut-Cilantro Rice with Chicken.
- 6 / 30. One-Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole.
- 7 / 30.
- 8 / 30.