- 1 What kind of Chinese food can diabetics eat?
- 2 What is the best takeaway for a diabetes?
- 3 Does Chinese food raise blood sugar?
- 4 Can a Type 2 diabetic eat a cheeseburger?
- 5 Can you eat Chinese if your diabetic?
- 6 What is a good dinner for a diabetic?
- 7 What fruit should diabetics avoid?
- 8 Is cheese bad for a diabetic?
- 9 Is KFC OK for diabetics?
- 10 What should I eat if my sugar is high?
- 11 Are bananas bad for diabetes?
- 12 Do apples spike blood sugar?
- 13 Can you eat a hamburger if you are diabetic?
- 14 Can a diabetic eat spaghetti?
- 15 Can a diabetic eat fried chicken?
What kind of Chinese food can diabetics eat?
What to Order at Chinese Restaurants
- Skip the rice or at least ask for brown rice and keep your portion small.
- Order hot and sour soup, wonton soup, chicken or beef chop suey, stir-fried chicken or shrimp with vegetables, or chicken chow mein.
- Ask for extra vegetables and less sauce.
What is the best takeaway for a diabetes?
- Try the lean or veggie option, and leave out the cheese and mayonnaise.
- Or, go ‘bun-less’ to cut the calories and order more salad – but watch the dressing.
- You can ask for extra lettuce or gherkins, too.
Does Chinese food raise blood sugar?
Upswing: Chinese Food High-fat foods can make your blood sugar stay up for longer. The same is true for pizza, french fries, and other goodies that have a lot of carbs and fat.
Can a Type 2 diabetic eat a cheeseburger?
Type 2 Diabetes: Beware of Fast- Food Traps Cutting down on portion size can make a big dent in your caloric intake. Try these additional tips when ordering: Order single burgers, not double or triple patties, and go for chicken, turkey, or veggie burgers instead of beef burgers.
Can you eat Chinese if your diabetic?
Chinese and Other Asian Cuisines Chinese and other Asian fast food choices for diabetes can be really good, or really bad. You are sure to spike your blood sugar and put a damper on weight loss if you have mounds of white rice, fried rice, or chow mein or pad thai noodles.
What is a good dinner for a diabetic?
60 Delicious Diabetic -Friendly Dinner Recipes
- 3 / 61. Taste of Home. Tropical Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls.
- 4 / 61. Slow-Cooker Pork Chops. Everyone will enjoy these fork-tender, slow cooker pork chops with a creamy, light gravy.
- 5 / 61. Sweet & Tangy Salmon with Green Beans. I’m always up for new ways to cook salmon.
What fruit should diabetics avoid?
Fruit is also an important source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. However, fruit can also be high in sugar. People with diabetes must keep a watchful eye on their sugar intake to avoid blood sugar spikes. Fruits high in carbohydrates.
|1 serving of dried fruit||20 g|
Is cheese bad for a diabetic?
People with diabetes can safely eat cheese as part of a balanced, healthful diet. As with other foods, moderation is key, and so a diet that includes too much cheese would be harmful to people with or without diabetes.
Is KFC OK for diabetics?
Fried Chicken Restaurants In general, poultry is a smart choice while following a diabetes -friendly diet—except when it’s breaded or dipped in flour and fried. This version adds not just carbs but saturated fat and calories as well to menu items at restaurants like KFC ( Kentucky Fried Chicken ) and Popeyes.
What should I eat if my sugar is high?
Here are seven foods that Powers says can help keep your blood sugar in check and make you happy and healthy to boot.
- Raw, Cooked, or Roasted Vegetables. These add color, flavor, and texture to a meal.
- Flavorful, Low-calorie Drinks.
- Melon or Berries.
- Whole-grain, Higher -fiber Foods.
- A Little Fat.
Are bananas bad for diabetes?
Bananas are a safe and nutritious fruit for people with diabetes to eat in moderation as part of a balanced, individualized diet plan. A person with diabetes should include fresh, plant food options in the diet, such as fruits and vegetables. Bananas provide plenty of nutrition without adding many calories.
Do apples spike blood sugar?
Apples score relatively low on both the glycemic index (GI) and the glycemic load (GL) scales, meaning that they should cause a minimal rise in blood sugar levels (10). Apples have a minimal effect on blood sugar levels and are unlikely to cause rapid spikes in blood sugar, even in those with diabetes.
Can you eat a hamburger if you are diabetic?
Protein foods that are also high in fat are not healthful for many people with diabetes as they can lead to weight gain and high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides — a kind of fat — in the body. Proteins to avoid or limit include: red meat, such as beef, pork, and lamb. breaded, fried, and high-sodium meats.
Can a diabetic eat spaghetti?
If you have diabetes, you can still enjoy pasta —just be sure to keep an eye on your portions and go for whole wheat, which will increase your fiber, vitamins, minerals and reduce any resulting blood sugar spike (when compared to white pasta ).
Can a diabetic eat fried chicken?
But chicken can often be battered and fried, coated in a sweet glaze, or swimming in a sugary sauce. This is bad news if you have diabetes and want to limit your intake of carbs and sugar. Chicken can be a great option for people with diabetes. All cuts of chicken are high in protein and many are low in fat.