- However, Asian elephants also inhabit a variety of tropical forest habitats such as moist, evergreen lowland forest, dry semi-deciduous forests, and cooler mountain forests The predators are the ones at the top of the food chain and the preys are the ones at the bottom of the food chain. Asian elephants are herbivores and therefore feed on plants.
This species, scattered over a vast region of southern Asia, makes its home in the forests and grasslands of India, Sri Lanka, Burma, Thailand, Laos, and the islands of Sumatra and Borneo.
What is an example of the food chain of an elephant?
- The tiger is fina The African Elephant‘s Food Chain As seen in the diagram above, the elephant eats the plant and then the lion eats the elephant. The Digestive System The Digestive System is the body system that makes food absorbable into the body and collects nutrients from foods.
- 1 Are elephants at the top of the food chain?
- 2 Where do Asian elephants eat?
- 3 Is an Asian elephant a predator or prey?
- 4 What animal eats Asian elephants?
- 5 What animal would kill an elephant?
- 6 Do tigers eat elephants?
- 7 What Elephants Cannot do?
- 8 Which is the biggest elephant in Asia?
- 9 What animals eat tigers?
- 10 Which country has the most elephants in the world?
Are elephants at the top of the food chain?
As the largest land mammal, elephants hold a prestigious place among other animals. As herbivores, they’re not predators, so they can’t be considered at the top of the food chain, but adult elephants have no natural predators except humans.
Where do Asian elephants eat?
More than two-thirds of an elephant’s day may be spent feeding on grasses, but it also eats large amounts of tree bark, roots, leaves, and small stems. Cultivated crops such as bananas, rice, and sugarcane are favorite foods.
Is an Asian elephant a predator or prey?
Humans are the main predator of adult Asian Elephants but tigers are known to prey upon calves.
|S & S E Asia
|Up to 3.5 m (11 ft)
|1 – 1.5 m (3.25 – 5 ft)
What animal eats Asian elephants?
Tigers are the one major natural predator of the Asian elephant. However, they rarely attack the full grown Asian elephants, preferring to hunt the smaller elephant calves (babies).
What animal would kill an elephant?
Aside from humans, lions are the only predators powerful enough to kill an elephant. The males, being 50% heavier than the females, are especially suited to the task. It typically takes seven lionesses to kill an elephant, but just two males could do the same. Even a single male can overpower a young elephant.
Do tigers eat elephants?
Tigers have been found to be killing elephants, mainly young ones, in the famed Corbett National Park in Uttarakhand and in a few cases eating them too, according to an official study.
What Elephants Cannot do?
Two things the elephant can do with his trunk:— (i) He can lift banana with his runk. (ii) He can hit a fly with his trunk. Two things he cannot do with his trunk:— (i) He can not hear with his trunk. (ii) He can not walk with his trunk.
Which is the biggest elephant in Asia?
Thechikkottukavu Ramachandran (born c. 1964) is an elephant owned by Thechikottukavu devasom, a temple in Kerala. Standing at 316 cm, he is the tallest living captive elephant in India and the second in Asia. Thechikottukavu Ramachandran.
|Elephas maximus ( Asian Elephant )
|3.16 m (10 ft 4 1⁄2 in)
What animals eat tigers?
Well, typically wild tigers lack natural predators. However, bears, elephants, and big buffalos can become a concern, as they are sturdy and large enough to inflict some damage.
Which country has the most elephants in the world?
Botswana is currently home to more elephants than any other African country, and southern Africa remains a stronghold for 293,000, or 70%, of the estimated remaining African elephants. African elephants are highly social creatures that live in herds led by older, single female matriarchs.